30 March 2010

John Turturro Would've Been a Better Christ

As a devout follower of the Onion, in addition to my devout Catholicism, I rediscovered this article from years past. I realize the delicious humor isn't meant to be taken seriously, but for the sake of joy and all that is fun in the world, I'd like to imagine that "Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ" spoke up in protest regarding Mel Gibson's The Passion while remaining silent and satisfied with Jesus Christ Superstar. Which leads me to believe that in terms of historical accuracy, Gibson's antisemitism is deemed far more offensive by Jesus the Jew than is Superstar's black Judas or disco heaven. Ah yes, I can see it now ... rhinestones, platform shoes and exposed chested males = heaven. God help those hell bound sinners.

No comments:

Post a Comment